Was in the mood for some Ramen tonight and stumbled upon this great website for Ramen recipes that don’t suck. Enjoy
Boiled Ramen Noodle Salads
- To make a basic ramen cabbage salad, shred a cup of Napa cabbage and a cup each of red cabbage and carrot. Add cup dry roasted peanuts and toss with boiled noodles and a dressing of 1 tablespoon each vinegar and sesame oil, a splash of lime juice, and a teaspoon sugar.
- For a chicken ramen cabbage salad, follow the directions for recipe 1 above and stir in 1 cups diced cooked chicken and cup each chopped bell pepper and snap peas.
- For a spicier ramen cabbage salad, add 1 cup shredded cabbage and some chopped scallions to the boiled noodles. Make a dressing of 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, teaspoon chili sauce (or to taste), and a pinch of sugar and salt. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- Greek salad with ramen is another great bet. Over boiled noodles, place 1 cup chopped red bell pepper, 1 cup feta cheese crumbled, and cup each chopped onions, tomatoes, green olives, and black olives. Mix cup canola oil and cup lemon juice to pour over the salad.
- Make an antipasto salad by adding cup each sliced pepperoni and black olives plus 1/8 cup sliced Bermuda onion to a package of cooled boiled ramen. Add Italian dressing to taste.
- For a more traditional pasta salad, you can also add cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons mustard, tablespoon honey, 1 chopped celery stalk, 2 chopped hard boiled eggs and cup cubed cheddar cheese a package of boiled noodles.
College Survival Guide Part I: 50 Amazing Ramen Noodle Recipes.