“ Are there any other questions you have for me” was the final response from my new academic advisor as we finished up our check-in call!
I am a student at Southern New Hampshire University Online, and before today’s confirmation, I was so stoked to change my major to Cybersecurity, and the reason is simple. I will not live with regret!
I like coding and love the possibilities of writing a kick-butt app that changes someone life, but that’s not why I changed directions at the start of the journey
Chatting with my academic advisor, we concluded it was best to look at Cybersecurity, to better align with my long term goals. My ultimate goal is to get a degree in the Internet Of Things however at this time Southern New Hampshire University does not offer such a degree, however I am hopeful to be the first student at the school to complete the requirements to fulfill that degree path.
BS Information Technologies
- ENG-123-English Composition II
- [ ] SCS-100- Perspectives in the Social Sciences
- [ ] IT-140- Introduction to Scripting
- [ ] HUM-100-Perspectives in History
- [ ] MAT-243 Applied Statistics for STEM
- [ ] MAT-140 Precalculus
- [ ] DAD-220-Intro to Struct Database Env
- [ ] IT-145-Found in App Development
- [ ] IT-200- Fundamentals Info Technology
- [ ] IT-202-Computer Operating Systems
- [ ] IT-212-Intro to Computer Networks
- [ ] CYB-200-Cybersecurity Foundations
- [ ] CYB-210-Computer Networking
- [ ] CS-205- Foundations in Software Dev
- [ ] CYB-220-Network Security
- [ ] CYB-230-Operating System Security
- [ ] CYB-240-Application Security
- [ ] CYB-250-Cyber Defense
- [ ] CYB-260-Legal and Human Factors of Cybersecurity
- [ ] CYB-300-System and Comm Security
- [ ] CYB-310-Network Defense
- [ ] CYB-320-Incident Response and Invest.
- [ ] CYB-400-Security Assessment & Auditing
- [ ] CYB-410-Security Risk Management
- [ ] CYB-420-Enterprise Security